Finding customers for you new business can be challenging, but you can do it. How do you find customers if you are just starting your business? The easy answer is to start with who you know and ask for business referrals. Of course, the success of that idea depends on whether you are offering a product or service. Do you have enough people in your sphere of influence? Usually, if you are just starting your business, you may or may not. But whether you have enough people in your sphere of influence or not, you can start with zero customers and build a large enough customer to meet your company goals. I had just moved to a new city (Jacksonville, Florida) when I became a real estate agent and I knew absolutely no one. Within less than 30 days, I made my first sale and I kept building until I became top agent. To add to that, I had absolutely no sales skills, so where ever your starting point is, know that you can build a strong, profitable business.
Keep in mind that putting a marketing plan together will help your business grow and give it a personality that will make you and the business memorable. In the meantime, here are a few strategies that can help you build a paying customer base, quickly. Most of the strategies are for service-based businesses, but if you have, but if you have a product you can benefit from some of the suggestions, also:
- Establish credibility – There are several different ways you can establish credibility, but a website, even a small one is a great start. If you do not have a customer base, a website will help. Adding a sign-up form to capture names and email addresses lets you know who is interested in what you have to offer. Easy to add sign-up forms can be found on our resources page. Click for information. Selling your product on social media can be easier, but it depends on the product. For service-based businesses, a website helps to prove that you are a credible business.
- Set up free live workshops or webinars – Either one or both is a great way to show that you are a specialist or an authority in your field. To maximize on your time consider using a webinar program that allows you to automate your webinars. You can host a live workshop, while your automated webinar is educated, others. Click here for more information.
- Provide some services free – in exchange for honest feedback and testimonials. Publish to your website and social media pages with your contact information. You can also use the testimonials as proof to potential clients you may meet while networking.
- Build an email list – As you network, schedule webinars and host workshops, you will meet lots of people. Be sure to collect email addresses and start building your list. You can use your list to remind your growing network of your services by offering valuable tips. As your network gains trust in your expertise, feel free to solicit your network for business.
- Tell everyone – Share your new business and the services you offer with everyone you know, but also share with people you meet when you are out and about, if it is appropriate. Start a conversation and create an opportunity to share what you do.
The ideas above will get you started on your journey to building a successful business. If done correctly and with consistency, you will begin bringing in capital in no time. The key is to confidently take action on the steps above with very specific goals in mind. To keep your business flowing forward and to find customers for your new business, be sure to schedule some activity, daily. For more ideas listen to Building a Customer Base for Your New Business on the Designing Your Life Today podcast. Click to listen.