No matter how your life is going, you can really get what you want. There are people who spend their whole lives wishing and getting nowhere. This does not have to be you. As with most things the key to getting what you truly want is to know how. Here are 6 keys to unlock the door and put you on the path to success:
- Know what you desire to bring into your life. This may seem simple, but surprisingly there are many people who are confused about what they truly want. There are different reasons why. One reason is because they do not feel worthy, which leads to the next point.
- Decide that you are worthy. Once you have done what it takes to strengthen your worthiness mindset, it will become easier for you to see and decide on what you want to bring into your life. The Designing Your Life Today podcast episode: “Treat Yourself Like You Are Worthy of Success” (click), shares strategies for strengthening your worthiness mindset. Also, the blog: 5 Ideas for Developing Your Growth Mindset gives more insight for expanding your vision of yourself.
- Be specific about what you want. Being “wishy-washy” or not being decisive will either keep you right where you are or it could cause you to go down further in life. Make the decision that you are not going to settle for less than what you deserve and desire. Knowing your value is important. If you are having a challenge accepting your authentic value, coaching or therapy may help. Click to complete a request for coaching.
- Ask for what you want. Never underestimate the power of your ability to speak up. Not getting what you want could be as simple as asking the right person or people. Often we are afraid to ask for the things we really desire, but most of the time asking is the only way to get what you want. Unfortunately, some of us have been programmed not to ask for things, but that type of pride can only hold you back from the life of which you have been dreaming. Throw away the pride and boldly ask for what want.
- Do what it takes. Getting what you really want often requires some type of action on your part. Although you may desire and deserve something, having a sense of entitlement without being willing to put in the work may not work in your favor. There is a reason why you are who you are. You have gifts and talents that are to be used to aid you in getting every good thing you desire. If you are not getting what you desire look at what you are doing or not doing. Then decide what needs to change in your life or daily activities.
- Make the decision to change. Some personal growth may be required if you are going to get what you want. Personal growth includes physical, mental, and emotional growth. It also includes getting in touch with your spiritual power core. Once you discover what needs changing, decide to change.
When it comes to getting what you really want, these strategies will help get you there. Once you know what you desire, put your attention on that, and feel confident that if you fully do your part, you will get all the exciting and wonderful things life has to offer you. See what you desire and be brave enough to go for it. We are all here to “do life with power”™, but it is up to each individual to use the Power to build and live a magnificent life.